Type of service
Support with setting up and running community groups and projects
Birmingham Community Matters (BCM) supports small and emerging community groups across Birmingham by bringing them face to face with people who have experience of doing similar things.
Our Community Matters Helpers can help by talking through:
* The steps needed to set up a community or voluntary group (turning interest into action, choosing a suitable structure, registering as a charity)
* Ideas for forming links with other organisations
* Funding applications (demonstrating the ‘needs’, planning activities to meet those needs, costing projects, identifying suitable funders)
* Everyday considerations for running your group (establishing policies and procedures, managing finances)
* Ways to bring people together (promoting your group, recruiting and managing volunteers).
We always end up learning something new too. That’s why we call BCM a ‘peer to peer learning network’. Our motto is: ‘Everyone has something to learn and everyone has something to teach’.
Geographical area covered
Name:Jo Burrill (Development Coordinator)
Organisation email: email@example.com
Organisation website: https://birminghamcommunitymatters.org.uk/